( Glutenfree, Sugarfree, DairyFree, Grainfree , Stovefree )
After my long sermons on sugars , got many requests for sugar free desserts for both adult and kids alike. This energy dense bite is a great substitute for chocolate or even a dessert. The dates are rich in iron and fibre and the nuts carry the healthy fat with fibre . Easy to make, store, convenient to carry and a must have in the fridge .
Making TIme : 8 mins
Makes 12 bites
- 1 cup pitted ideally Medjool/locally available dark dates (10-12 large)
- 1/4 cup soaked cashewnuts /walnuts
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips (optional)
1. Add dates into processor and process until a paste forms.
2. Add in the nuts ,cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon. Process until thoroughly combined. Pulse in the chocolate chips. The dough should be sticky when pressed between your fingers. If it’s not sticky enough to shape into balls, add a small amount of water (a teaspoon at a time) and process until it comes together.
3. Shape dough into small balls (about 12) and freeze for 20 minutes or so until firm. .
PS: The vanilla flavor can be switched to an orange or lemon zest.
Heres to an energetic week ahead !!